Dental implants are, to put it simply, the next best thing to your own, natural teeth. They are an excellent way to handle cases of a lost tooth or teeth due to disease, injury or other kinds of trauma. A dental implant is a metal post or frame that is surgically integrated to your jawbone, just beneath your gums. After they are in place, they allow your dentist to add replacement teeth on to them. Benefits of Dental Implants Dental implants have a great number of benefits compared to other repair and restoration methods. Among these are the following:
- More predictable and reliable outcome than most other options.
- They are a long-lasting and cost-effective solution.
- They allow you to keep your natural face and smile shape.
- They protect your jawbone.
- Unlike dentures, your teeth are going to stay where they belong – in your mouth.